The Greenville (South Carolina) News has added five new reporters to its team since September to help the paper cover the community in ways that are more helpful to readers and the community.
- Longtime journalist Kirk Brown has joined the paper as Greenville County government/growth and development reporter.
- Nikie Mayo has joined the staff from the Anderson newsroom and will be an investigative reporter.
- New downtown Greenville reporter Macon Atkinson joins the staff from High Point, North Carolina.
- Tamia Boyd has been named as a new breaking news reporter. She is a graduate of Michigan State University, and this is her first full-time reporting job.
- Marcus Navarro has joined the paper as a business reporter who is focused on the economics of health care, access to care and overall business opportunity and diversity in the community.
Steve Bruss, executive editor, said the paper now has 11 full-time reporters in Greenville covering the community. "If you include our newsrooms in Anderson and Spartanburg, across news and sports we have more than 30 reporters and photojournalists covering our corner of South Carolina."
Read more from The Greenville News