Date posted: March 17, 2020
The Denton Record-Chronicle is seeking an aggressive, entrepreneurial copy editor to uphold the quality of the newsroom’s content both online and in print. The ideal candidate:
- Will work closely with the nightside editor to create and publish the DRC’s print edition and digital replica edition so that readers continue to see the value of their subscription and engagement with the online replica increases.
- Will work closely with the nightside editor and digital editor to ensure that the DRC’s digital products (app, replica edition and website) and social media channels are updated at night in the event of breaking news.
- Will work closely with the nightside editor to ensure that the most relevant content each day makes its way into print editions and replica editions and that appropriate news judgment dictates story play in all editions.
- Will be successful in ensuring that all content in print and replica editions is thoroughly edited for grammar and accuracy.
- Seeks to build a skill set that helps the company build a business based on digital subscribers while upholding the quality of its legacy printed product.
One to three years of professional newspaper experience strongly preferred (college newspaper experience is acceptable). Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field required.
The Denton Record-Chronicle is locally owned and is committed to providing the highest quality of community journalism while being an innovator in how news is delivered, through both print and digital channels. The company publishes daily news in print and online at dentonrc.com, as well as the monthly Denton Business Chronicle and the bimonthly Denton County magazine.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume and published clips to Nightside Editor Mariel Tam-Ray at firstname.lastname@example.org.