John R. Streitmatter, MBA, is a director at the Leadership Research Institute and specializes in building leader credibility in the midst of turbulent market and organizational dynamics.
He is a gifted facilitator, an executive coach with a track record of results in line management positions, and an entertaining and impactful speaker.
He serves as an executive coach, trusted strategic adviser, and facilitator to leaders to enable them to clearly articulate a future vision and strategy, and then engage their followers to achieve it. He is known for his ability to synthesize discussion to its essence and integrate seemingly disparate data and points of view together into agreement and action.
Streitmatter’s areas of expertise include:
• Personal leadership: Vision and strategy, personal branding, personal development plans, performance, self-awareness and feedback
• Strengths-based leadership: Building on talent for high-powered teams
• Strategic alignment: Creating focus and alignment across a team on critical strategies required for future success
• Change leadership: Articulating future vision, crafting compelling cases for change, architecting the change process, communicating with credibility.
His services include:
• Executive coaching: 1:1, small groups and executive teams
• 360-Degree assessments: Interview-based and survey-based feedback
• Team effectiveness: Diagnostic tools, workshops and team interventions
• Facilitation: Design and celivery of team/board working sessions
He serves a wide spectrum of organizations, principally located in the Southeastern United States. His client base is a diverse mix of Fortune 500 organizations, non-profits, local governments, professional services firms, universities, as well as private equity firms and their portfolio companies.
Streitmatter pursed a successful corporate career before joining LRI in 2005. Initially, he held roles in human resources and then transitioned into a variety of operations and business management roles. His alumni companies include Amoco Corporation, American Express, Capital One and SunTrust Bank along with a few smaller, family owned enterprises. The teams he led routinely delivered employee engagement and satisfaction scores at or above world-class benchmarks as well as producing strong business results.
He holds an MBA from Harvard Business School and a BS in management and
organizations with High Distinction from Indiana University. He is certified in the Marshall Goldsmith Stakeholder Centered Approach to Coaching for Behavioral Change.
He has a track record of community involvement including serving at the board or executive committee level of the Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce, Committee of 100 and Leadership Florida. He was a member of Leadership Florida Cornerstone Class 23, then served as program chair for Cornerstone Class 25, and soon after as chair of the board of directors.
He is a passionate college basketball fan, avid golfer and frequent supporter of all varieties of youth sports. Streitmatter and his wife, Michele, live in Florida with their three sons.