As a virtual conference, PIVOT 2020 will have some unusual, not to say unique, features. Among them will be the Senior Executive Idea Exchange that will be the final session of each day.
The exchanges will gather CEOs, COOs, general managers, publishers and market leaders and others with senior management roles for spirited conversations about the most important issues facing the newspapers they and their peers are leading.
These exchanges are only for senior executives, and attendance is limited to just 40 to foster a full and frank interactive dialogue — with productive outcomes.
Register now for PIVOT 2020
Senior Executive Idea Exchanges have also been structured to ensure true peer-to-peer interactions:
- Tuesday, Oct. 6 — This session is for publishers, general managers, market leaders and any senior management role at a newspaper with less than 20,000 total subscribers.
- Wednesday, Oct. 7 — This session is for publishers, general managers, market leaders and any senior management role at a newspaper with 20,000-50,000 total subscribers.
- Thursday, Oct. 8 — This session is for publishers, general managers, market leaders and any senior management role at a newspaper with more than 50,000 total subscribers.
The time is tentatively set for 4:15 - 5:45 p.m. EDT each day, but subject to change.
Moderating these discussions — and keeping the ideas flowing — will be industry executives who have distinguished themselves in careers ranging from family-owned community papers to well-regarded metros.
In the smallest circulation group, the conversation will be led by Brian Jarvis, the president of WV News in Clarksburg, West Virginia, and Emily Walsh, the publisher of Observer Media Group in Sarasota, Florida.
Two executives with wide-ranging industry experience will keep the conversation going among senior executives from mid-sized circ groups.
- Before joining family-owned Adams Publishing Group as COO, Nick Monico’s career included serving as president of Gannett Media News Network of Central Ohio, president of News Media Corporation and COO for Wick Communications.
- David Dunn-Rankin is the founder and CEO of D-R Media, which owns a commercial printing business, a small seven-day daily in Florida and weeklies with a combined circulation of 100,000. The nonmedia part of D-R Media, Sun Events, is a concert promotion business. Before founding D-R Media in 2018, he served as president and CEO of Sun Coast Media Group.
The final PIVOT 2020 Senior Executive Idea Exchange will be led by two industry figures who have turned challenges into opportunities.
- Pat Dorsey is publisher of the Austin (Texas) American-Statesman and regional publisher for Gannett. He was publisher of the Herald-Tribune in Sarasota, Florida, when it won a 2016 Pulitzer Prize for investigative reporting, in an innovative partnership with the Tampa Bay Times. His dedication to journalism was recognized when he won GateHouse Media’s first Journalism Advocate of the Year award, which honors publishers who champion their newsrooms.
- Judi Terzotis is recognized industry-wide for her role winning the newspaper battle of New Orleans for the Baton Rouge Advocate over the longtime and never before challenged The Times-Picayune. She is now president and publisher of The Times-Picayune | Advocate.
Register early for the conference to guarantee your spot in one of the Senior Executive Idea Exchange sessions.
Download the conference agenda (in your time zone): Eastern time, Central time, Mountain time, Pacific time
Register now for PIVOT 2020